It's the end of another exciting week of football which means it's time to put your claims in for available free agents in your fantasy league to strengthen your team. I'll be going over who I think are the top five picks for you to target this week so don't miss out on them. Good luck!
Note: %owned is based on Yahoo! leagues at the time of publication.
5) Rashard Higgins (CLE) - 3% owned - Higgins was signed off the Browns practice squad last week and made an immediate impact catching 7 of 11 targets for 95 yards. It was recently announced that Corey Coleman has a broken hand which means Higgins should continue to see opportunities going forward making him worth a flier.
4) Miami DST (MIA) - 5% owned - Miami will travel to play against the lowly New York Jets this week which means there is a good chance they won't get scored on much and should come away with a turnover or two. The Jets have already turned the ball over 4 times to start this season.
3) Marqise Lee (JAX) - 34% owned - Lee is the beneficiary of Allen Robinson's season-ending ACL injury and he should see a healthy amount of targets as the Jaguars primary receiver.
2) Allen Hurns (JAX) - 26% owned - Despite being the number two option in Jacksonville I like Hurns a notch above Marqise Lee due to his big-play ability although in PPR formats they are closer in value.
1) Chris Thompson (WAS) - 30% owned - Thompson has been on a tear to start the season rushing 6 times for 81 yards and 2 TDs and adding 7 catches on 12 targets for another 81 yards and a score. He is a must grab in PPR formats and is looking to have value in standard if given additional touches going forward.