What's better than Monday Night Football? Easy. Monday Night Football with a delicious taco dip! This recipe has specifically been constructed around items that you can find quickly at your local grocery store and hurry home to prepare it and get in front of the TV with time to spare. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (spicy)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (12 ounce) bags tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan, and set aside.
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat and drop in ground beef and onions. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly and evenly browned - mix in the jalapenos in the last few minutes of cooking. Drain fat. Mix in taco seasoning, and set aside.
- Spread refried beans to cover the bottom of the prepared 9x13 inch pan. Spread sour cream on top of the beans as evenly as possible. Layer the cooked ground beef and onions evenly over the sour cream. Pour the jar of salsa over the ground beef and spread 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese over the salsa layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and the layers are heated through. Serve with tortilla chips and your choice of fresh toppings (lettuce, tomato, olives, etc).